November 16, 2009

Cheesewhizzes in Food & Wine

© James Baigrie

It’s kind of a big deal around these parts.
Who am I kidding?
It’s a big deal around any parts.

This here Cheesewhizzes club is featured in this month’s Food & Wine magazine.
Yep, the big Kahuna of the year, the December Food & Wine issue.
(The only one I usually buy, but heck, I’m subscribing now.)

A whole story, about this club.
It features our tips and hints,
publishing our Macaroni and Many Cheeses recipe, sharing the love.

We are so excited to have a bigger platform to share our potluck party ideas.
We are thrilled to help bring the focus to all of the amazing cheeses available in this country.

We couldn’t be happier to share our love of milk’s leap toward immortality.

We’re still putting the finishing touches on our hosting pack — that should be available within the next 2 weeks — but our tasting journal is available right now and if I may say, is glorious in its full-color sharing.

Thanks so much for being a part of our Cheesewhizzes journey!

6 Comments »

1. Love the article and the great pictures. Congrats

Comment by Lori D Wassum — November 21, 2009 @ 3:44 pm

2. I just read and enjoyed your article in Food & Wine (Dec) and I’m intrigued by your use of slate for serving cheese…can you tell me the size of the tile you used…some pictures looked like there were two pieces attached? also it looked ‘blue’ in the magazine, but on the website, more like a grey… I wanted blue, but didn’t find anything like that at the hardware store. thanks for any info you can provide.

Comment by Donna — November 22, 2009 @ 10:16 am

3. Read every word of the article and loved it! I have already made notes and plan to incorporate some of the wonderful tips into my next party. Use slate boards instead of expense cheese boards to display cheeses is genious. Thanks for sharing.

Comment by Bridgette — November 23, 2009 @ 7:19 am

4. Thanks for the kind words Bridgette! Let us know how your next party goes!

Comment by Natalie — December 1, 2009 @ 8:42 pm

5. Hi Donna – we picked up the slate pieces at our local Home Depot…they are originally meant for flooring pieces. The slate pieces we have are actually a charcoal gray color. If it looked like two pieces attached, we probably just had them close together. I would suggest visiting your local hardware store and see what they have…you never know what you will find.

Comment by Natalie — December 1, 2009 @ 8:44 pm

6. Thanks for the congrats! We are tickled pink!

Comment by Natalie — December 1, 2009 @ 8:44 pm